Monday, July 25, 2005

Ma.

My mother is by far, the funniest person I've come across... she is also one of the wisest, kindest and all sorts of other nice things...
But other stuff apart... my mum is definitely the funniest...

This is me immortalising some of the stuff she says... lest I forget... and I don't EVER want to... I want to have more 'mama stories' about my mother than my mother has 'baby stories' about me!

I.
Me: “Amma are you gonna have dinner?”
Ma: (from bathroom where she has three taps running) “What baby? I can’t hear you…”
Me: “ARE YOU GONNA HAVE DINNER?”
Ma: (happily splashing around) “What love?”
Me: “DINNER! DINNER! ARE YOU GONNA HAVE DINNER?”
Ma: (humming to herself as she soaps) “What did you say baby?”
Me: “I’m going to Spain tomorrow.” (Sarcasm influenced by tattered vocal chords)
Ma: “Yeah I’d like some dinner.”

II.
(Phone call during class hours! Daughter fully anxiety-fied! Must be urgent, crouches under desk evading wary eyed lecturer)

Daughter: “What happened Ma? Are you okay?”
Ma: (sing song voice) “Hi Baby!”
Daughter: “Why did you call ma?”
Ma: (in her Oracle voice) “I was thinking…”
Daughter: “What?”
Ma: “Sometimes I think God is great…”
Daughter: “…and at other times?”
Ma: “At other times I think God is great anyway… Chal voh bhi kya yaad karega!”

No comments: